Re: OT: OT posts

+ (text/html)
Author: stu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: OT posts
I just want to say that I find value in everything I read here, OT or not.
IMHO, OT postings are not generally a problem unless they erupt into a flame
war. As a personal rule, I limit my OT postings to one or two responses per
topic - Say what you have to say, but don't persue the matter.
OT postings can be relevent if they express why we use Linux as our OS of
preference: cost effective value, freedom of choice, anti-monopoly, superior
performance, the chance to enhance our own skills and advance our knowledge,
the spirit of Independence, etc. Like it or not, these issues are just as
much a part of GNU/Linux as the kernel itself.
Just my 2 cents.
Stu