Re: Linux for Users

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux for Users
I want to thank everybody for their excellent
comments on this subject.

Because I support some apps under RHEL at work,
I will start with CentOS which I downloaded last
night. I'll try to make this my initial "home"
distro. I installed "SystemRescueCD" as a boot
option, and use it for misc hacking. (The ease
with which it found my slightly difficult
network card gave me a warm feeling for Gentoo.)

Next I'll use some extra space to try out other
systems: Gentoo, Ubuntu and SuSe just for the
exposure; Fedora only if I have problems with
CentOS; and revisit Knoppix and Mepis.

With all this switching around, I expect to
become a blinkin' wizard in grub, parted, etc.
I'm already pretty far along with these.

Thanks again,

Vic