Re: gThumb web album and MS Windows?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: gThumb web album and MS Windows?
On Sunday 08 May 2005 08:27 pm, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> The problem is that you're not copying the images to the destination.
> If you don't select that option, then the images are left where they
> are, and the link to load the final image is an absolute file: URI. If
> you select the checkbox to copy the images to the destination, they're
> copied (and renamed to img001-imgNNN) and the link is a relative path.

Excellent tip. However, I am selecting the copy option and the image
files are, in fact, on the CD in the directory with the HTML file. In
Windows I can read and load the image files manually through the file
manager. They are there and the URL in the web pages is correctly
relative to them. I put the CD in a different Linux computer and it all
loads fine, from the CD, using Konqueror or Firefox.

Windows cannot find the image files, thumbnails or otherwise, and it
reports that the file is not found or not available when clicking on a
thumbnail to load the image HTML page.

Alan