Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: D…

Author: Jason Spatafore
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto)
On Monday 02 May 2005 19:51, wrote:
> As far as no responsibility, have you looked at the
> contingent loss notes on Oracles financial statements?  They are always
> being sued for data loss, some are fraudulent, others are not.

The real question is this: Have they successfully been sued? In the end, you
must agree that they make no guarantee in order to use their software. But I
ask...have they successfully been held liable for the failure of their
software? That is the real question at hand. Is their protection for the
consumer of these 'trivial' goods?

If the consumer was given something in return, I would support copyright
holder's rights...as would MILLIONS of others. However, we expect our Windows
machines to randomly reboot every 1 or 2 days....losing data in the process.

As for me remaining silent...I have not remained silent. I have written
numerous letters. I've also learned the value of keeping the letters to one
page....Senators have time management to worry about. But, I have yet to sit
down with one. Someday...but I do remain cynical about the process. While I
can bitch to the Senator, that doesn't mean he's gonna bitch to the senate.

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net