Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: D…

Author: FoulDragon@aol.com
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Civil Disobedience and Jury Nullification (was Re: DVD Movies on Ubun...
In a message dated 02.May.05 19:57:33 US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:
>how many people buy Saturn's for their "safety ratting" with out
>actually looking at the safety studies (you are guarantied to looses your

legs
>in a 40 MPH head on collision in most Saturn's. They have one of the worst
>ratings in their

Well, it's a matter of playing the game. The test procedure is canned, so
they can cheat based on knowing what the test entails.

They can get a 10 star rating by reinforcing the car for the exact tests. I
don't doubt every firm in the business does it at least a little.

If there are any here from ASU CS programme, they'll know what I say when I
compare it with Prof. Whitehouse's automated testing system. In theory, a
product which merely scanned the input and fed the desired output on the test
cases can get 50 percent, without actually doing any computation.