Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto

Author: Art
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: ..., Re: DVD, Copyright, and Speed Limits
Subject: Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto
--- Vaughn <@.com> wrote:
> There are a lot of bad laws out there. You can hardly breathe
> without
> breaking one. Plus - and I've probably ranted on this before -
> is really the only reason bad laws ever get
> repealed.
> (Think Prohibition, the 55 MPH speed limit, and the Draft during the
> Vietnam era.) In other words, government bad, civil disobedience
> good.
> :-)
>
> Vaughn

Thanks, Vaughn for sharing your views.
I guess it's a good thing some states allow us to carry weapons to
annihilate those whom we disagree with.
And to use improper grammar when it suits us.
And to procreate when we don't know how to set our VCR's clock.
And to disregard standards when we are too damn stupid to know why
they were created.

Seriously, I've wondered about some of these technical specifications.
My speculation is that there are patents or IP rights protected by
enough laws to compel manufacturers to limit DVD playback and
recordings.

In principal, I don't see an issue. I.e., if you don't steal IP to
turn a profit or legitimately cheat someone from their livelihood,
there is not moral nor ethical dilemma.

BTW, Is 150 mph too fast for a straight-a-away? :->
(How can you have a fatality at 20 mph? - but you do!)

Art