Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto
Could not agree more
There are a lot of bad laws out their an we should fight them despite their
enforceability. It is still illegal to engage in sexual acts with my wife in
Arizona because we rent instead of own our dwelling. (This was one of many
late 1800 laws enacted to help crack down on prostitution, but it actually
applies to every one) But if and when we have a child (hopefully soon) it is
unlikely that the police will show up at the maternity ward to arrest us for
obvious violations. But that does not mean we should not protest the law.

Some blue laws are funny like the wearing of red during the commission of any
crime doubles the penalty Others, like many of the sodomy laws or the
vagrancy laws, are selectively enforced to torment certain subclasses of
individuals. Or with that big-anti government abuse lawyer who was busted a
few years ago in a social club raid, enforced to take out your political
enemies. (Any one remember her name, I would love to look up the story again
for my blog)

Others hold real purpose, like the fact that free water must be made available
at all public events, or individuals must be allowed and encourage to bring
their own water. Although the one nasty water fountain hardly competes with
the$2 / bottle of bottled water sales, these, more useful, laws are more
likely to be repealed because there appears to be financial interest in
fighting them. While on the other hand most of our "average" citizens are
apathetic at best. The solution is not to dysfunctional circumvent the laws
and hope the hang man does not come for us, but to fight the laws using the
power of our republic! To bad there are too few of us who understand that

BTW selectively enforced laws are one of my biggest political pet peeves
And also this is a good time to plug
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/megavote/