Re: troll problem

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Jim
CC: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: troll problem
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Jim wrote:

> Most of the people who access the server are in England. So I can't
> block all of England. How would I block all of bulldogdsl.com?

Please see my email to you with a link to Apache documentation.

You can use a partial domain name with the Apache Deny directive.

It appears that the bulldogdsl IPs have reverse DNS resolving to end
with bulldogdsl.com, so it would be easy to block with Apache:

Deny bulldogdsl.com

Or use Deny with their entire networks. (Online network calculators can
help you with netmasks and CIDR.)

Jeremy C. Reed

                http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/