Re: Lunix Buddy needed?

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Lunix Buddy needed?
You may want to sign up for the ASU LUG list, while we have a few kids that
try to posture, most of us are either students, who have to ask
"dumb" questions all the time, or are staff/faculty in an academic
environment, so we are also used to answering question knowing that no
question is dumb...

I my self have two degrees, and I am president of ASULUG, but recently I was
giving a presentation (using Knoppix) and I forgot how to launch something
from terminal (I forgot the need for the . in ./app    Perhaps I am getting
too used to my Mac ;)

Even though I felt like a total idiot everyone treated it like it was an
honest mistake (which it is, particularly when your don't commanding launch
apps very often). The point is we try to encourage open communication, and
while we do have some people who like to posture, and a few who are lacking in
social skills, we treat no question as dumb... Particularly if your NOT a
system administrator ;)

We hold one meeting a month and we do two major events (Installfests) a year.

To join the mailing list send mail to with the following
command in the body (not the subject) of your message: "subscribe ASULUG
<first_name> <last_name>" , where <first_name> is replaced with your first
name and <last_name> is replaced with your last name. Unfortunately the
listserv requires two names :(.

And you business skills may prove invaluable to a number of our members :)