Re: What does this mean?

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: What does this mean?
Is this what you need to see? From /var/log/dmesg:

Probing IDE interface ide0...
hda: ST340016A, ATA DISK drive
hdb: ST320414A, ATA DISK drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
Probing IDE interface ide1...
hdc: LITE-ON LTR-52246S, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: CD-ROM 56X L, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
Probing IDE interface ide2...
Probing IDE interface ide3...
Probing IDE interface ide4...
Probing IDE interface ide5...
hda: max request size: 128KiB
hda: 78165360 sectors (40020 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=65535/16/63, UDMA(100)
hda: cache flushes not supported
hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4 < hda5 hda6 >
hdb: max request size: 128KiB
hdb: 39102336 sectors (20020 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=38792/16/63, UDMA(100)
hdb: cache flushes not supported
hdb: unknown partition table
hdd: ATAPI 56X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache, UDMA(33)

(end dmesg)

FWIW, I had this problem before I changed the system to use supermount. I have
the same problem of nothing showing up in the drive in Vector Linux, too,
which doesn't use supermount. I'm starting to think it's a dead drive...

Siri Amrit