Distros available at InstallFest

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: PLUG List
Subject: Distros available at InstallFest
I'm putting together a "Distro Silo" to bring to the PLUG and ASULUG InstallFests loaded with the following distros. My criteria for including a distros is 1) There are PLUG members active on the list that can support it 2) A good user community exists (either represented on LinusQuestions or on the distro's website) 3) It's not a beta version or limited time evaluation version 4) Security updates are available on a regular basis. 5) There is a free download version (I know I've included a couple that don't meet this requirement).

I'm listing a few intersting Live-CDs because they are fun to play with, not because they make a good install cadidate. Distros shown in parenthesis I'm undecided about. Where possible I'll include PPC, 64-bit and DVD versions.

Am I missing anything that you feel *must* be on the list?

There's the list so far:

MandrakeLinux
Fedora
Ubuntu
Mepis
SuSE
(Debian)
KNOPPIX
(Gentoo)
Slackware :-)
DamnSmallLinux
Xandros
FreeBSD
(Vector)
SLAX
CentOS
Libranet
PuppyLinux
Yellow Dog
IPCOP
Morphix
RubberChickenLinux - New, very flexible distro. Look for it the first of next month! ;-)
NetBSD
SystemRescueCD
SmartBootManager
ScanModem