How To Choose A Distribution?

Author: Jay Turley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: How To Choose A Distribution?
Hi!

I'm about to come into possession of a decent notebook that I would like
to turn into a linux box for use as a portable web development machine.

I'd like to get the LAMP stuff on there, as well as Ruby on Rails, along
with some other nice tools.

But that isn't the problem. The problem is that while I have used
Solaris and Unix back in the day, I have never used Linux and have no
idea what would be a good distribution to get to put on this machine.

I would love to hear some recommendations and ideas. Thanks for all your
help.

Jay Turley

"Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making
headlines!"