Re: Gimp and opening partitions...again STOPPED

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Re: Gimp and opening partitions...Continuing saga
Subject: Re: Gimp and opening partitions...again STOPPED
On Friday 04 February 2005 06:52 pm, ec kindly wrote:
> Well, I guess I will have to reinstall the distro.
>
> Let me repeat again:
>
> 1. There is NO 'open with' on right clicking
>
> 2. Instead of Konqueror opening the hd icons and
> files, Gimp does it and naturally gives an error
> message similiar to 'I give up, not my bag of
> tea"....being funny about it.
>
> 3. I haven't the foggiest what I changed that disabled
> Konqueror's ability to open files.

I don't know if you've tried this, because I haven't read every
message in the thread:

Open the KDE Control Center.
Click on KDE Components
Click on File Associations
Click on the various file types, and you will have options for telling
KDE what programs/apps to use to open each type.

HTH,
Siri Amrit