Re: A suggestion to keep the plug list focused

Author: Josef Lowder
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Filters was Re: A suggestion to keep the plug list focused
Subject: Re: A suggestion to keep the plug list focused

The problem with "OT" is not only that some may not
know what it means, but more important, one cannot
build filters based on "OT" alone (at least I don't know
how to do that). I don't think that sorting by subjects is
the issue here, is it? At least I think the objective is to
filter and delete unwanted messages, not just sort them.

If a filter were built on just the two letters OT in a subject,
then such a filter would block _every_ subject that contained
those two letters, including many common words.

Am I missing something, here?

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 09:59: