Re: Red Seven [Was: Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer…

Author: Ric Fischer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Red Seven [Was: Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer]
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:26:54 -0700 (MST), der.hans <> wrote:
> Check Linux Journal for ads from places that sell laptops installed with
> Linux. The Linux Laptop Howto might also have some leads.
>
> Never heard of them, but here's something from an ad I just saw on a web
> page.
>
> http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html
>
> Ooo-oooh. 64 bit laptop. Ooo-ooh.
>
> Also, just check for a laptop that has lots of success stories :).

I migrated from Windows to Ubuntu by way of getting a
Linspire-installed box at Fry's (and ended up replacing Linspire with
Ubuntu). Check out this Linspire laptop:

http://media.linspire.com/walmart/

It has a pretty price for a mid-level laptop. Since Linspire
(Debian-based) is preinstalled, you could always clobber Linspire like
a did and give a nicer distro a shot.

--
Ric Fischer