Re: Red Seven [Was: Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer…

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Red Seven [Was: Re: Too Many Video Packets in the Buffer]
Am 18. Jan, 2005 schwätzte mike hoy so:

> I talked with Jamie over at red seven and he talked to his boss. bottom
> line they would be willing to trade but it's a joke.
>
> this url shows the 3 laptops that he currently has in his shop:
> http://arizonausedcomputers.com/view-products.php#Notebooks
>
> Now the funny thing is that the laptop on the top of the screen is NOT
> available because it is a 'better' laptop than the presario that i have.
>
> Exact quote "we here in the shop just don't like presarios"

Well, I don't know how they decide these things...

> Thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it.

Sorry it didn't help.

Check Linux Journal for ads from places that sell laptops installed with
Linux. The Linux Laptop Howto might also have some leads.

Never heard of them, but here's something from an ad I just saw on a web
page.

http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html

Ooo-oooh. 64 bit laptop. Ooo-ooh.

Also, just check for a laptop that has lots of success stories :).

ciao,

der.hans
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
# how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB