LTSP? (Was: Seeking donations for non-profit)

Author: Ric Fischer
To: plug-discuss
Subject: LTSP? (Was: Seeking donations for non-profit)
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:01:42 -0700, Alan Dayley <> wrote:

> The conclusion to this point is that they want to
> use an LTSP setup and use the low-power
> computers as terminals.

OK. I'd heard about LTSP before, but didn't know what it was, so I
Googled for LTSP and found http://www.LTSP.org and did some reading.

Cool! I learned something new! :)

(For any other newbies who don't feel clicking on the site above, LTSP
is short for Linux Terminal Server Project. As their site says, "LTSP
is an add-on package for Linux that allows you to connect lots of
low-powered thin client terminals to a Linux server. Applications
typically run on the server, and accept input and display their output
on the thin client display."

--
Ric Fischer