RE: Question with practical and ethical considerations.

Author: Craig White
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: No Question with practical and ethical considerations.
Subject: RE: Question with practical and ethical considerations.
On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 12:42 -0700, Bill Wesson wrote:

> Given that I own a valid XP pro license, installed on the same box that
> I run Redhat on, is there a practical method of having rdesktop announce
> itself as either windows 2k pro or XP pro to the server.
>
> If there is a practical way to do this, where does it stand legally and
> ethically.

----
legally - Unless someone is a lawyer and is familiar with the specific
language of the license to which you are referring, all you could hope
to get is misinformed legal advice. This is pointless

morally - I think you have answered the issue of morality since you feel
that the fact that the computer that you are using has a Windows 2000
license affixed to the computer itself and that in your mind should
trump the details of the license which is in question. Personally, I
have no problems with that and if 'management' who owns the server whose
license is at issue has no problems with it, then go for it.

Craig