Re: linux help

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Plug (E-mail)
Subject: Re: linux help
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Danny Vasquez wrote:

> Still working through my linux problems. I am able to gain access to the
> internet and download stuff now. I've verified that apache, mod_ssl,
> openSSL, and Curl are all installed. When I try to use putty to gain access
> to my linux box it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions? How do I
> configure it to accept connections?

Make sure SSH server is installed and running.

ps auxwwww | grep sshd

which sshd

To run it, (depending on your configuration) try to just run "sshd".

> NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
> information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may
> have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
> indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. In addition, you
> should not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
> information. THANK YOU.

Please don't send that notice to public list. Do you really mean that I
can not copy or retransmit your email? How do you expect the mail server
to forward it to the list members? How do you want us to reply with
context?

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/