Network at Installfest (Was: Re: Installfest Saturday 8/28)

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Network at Installfest (Was: Re: Installfest Saturday 8/28)
Marshall Paul said:

> Will there be a internet connect at the installfest?

UAT has wireless connection always. Very nice of them.

Wired connections depend on the availablity of UAT IT people to setup a
subnet for the group, for the duration of the meeting. I do not know if
arrangements in this regard have been made. Alex, do you know? Will
Charles be there on Saturday?

The other possibility for wired connection would be for us to supply the
infrastructure to capture the wireless connection and then push it through
our own wires. I also am not aware of anyone making preparations to do
that.

Either way, we need to make arrangements or provisions for providing wired
connections at every Installfest. Alex, can we help with this?

Alan