Re: lirc issues

Author: Bryce C
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: lirc issues
lirc is looking in the "old style" location for the lirc device. On
devfs systems (most modern distros if not all running 2.4), the location
is /dev/lirc/X where X is whichever device. As such, one can have
multiple devices and multiple daemons.
Read the docs and poke around lircd's init script and insert -D
/dev/lirc/0 to tell it what device to look at. This is an old problem
that seems not to have been touched recently.

--
Bryce C <>
CoBryce Communications