modem permissions

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: modem permissions

I figured that I would get rid of the sudo to my modem by including my user in
the modem group. So to make sure nothing would go wring I made sure there was
a modem group:

    more /etc/group

no modem group.
so i looked through the list hoping to find pppd

    no pppd group

so I looked through the list looking for anything related but all there is in
there that "might" be related is tty (in wvdial.conf I have 'modem
= /dev/ttyS4') but I am already part of that group.
Could someone help me out?
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/