Re: K3B

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: K3B
On Tuesday 06 July 2004 02:16 pm, Roy Babin wrote:
> .Yes have dvd-rw also dvd+rw, both act the same. Followed all the
> instruction in the Suse linux guide under K3B---The KDE Burning
> Application. If I try an unused cd it will burn ok, but when i come back
> later and try to ad another file it ask if I want to erase the cd, i hit
> NO and try to burn but to no success.
> Thanks for trying, maybe someone will read this and come up with a
> solution, I hope :-[

In your case, the hints about finalization are correct, I think. If you are
set on using K3B, go to the k3b-user email list page, subscribe and ask your
question there.

K3B is actually an interface to cdrecord and other command line utilities. If
you go to Settings -> Configure K3B... -> Programs and select the User
Parameters tab, you can enter commandline options for the various utilities.
Find out the cdrecord option to force "multi-session" or "no finalization"
and you should be set, I'm guessing.

I use xcdroast for my burning. It's interface is not nearly as nice or
intuitive, in my opinion, but I know how to make it do what I want. I'll
have to get more familiar with K3B, it looks nice.

Alan