Re: Way OT: obsolete MS driver resources

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Way OT: obsolete MS driver resources
On Tuesday 29 June 2004 19:13, you wrote:
> Sony sells recovery CDs for a modest ($15 or so) price. I presume that
> would include all the appropriate drivers. See
> http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/perl/select-p-n.pl

I do have the CD's, though the drivers in question are for Windows ME. I've
gotten other versions of the same drivers from Intel and IBM. They all
install. None of them work. They fail with a very helpful "Device failure:
Try changing the driver for this device. blah blah blah (error code 2)". I
guess wasn't clear about the problem - didn't want to belabor the point. I
know that the danged device works - it works in WinME, Win2K, Red Hat 7.2 and
Knoppix. Just don't know why the stupid thing won't work. Really makes me
appreciate Linux all the more.

Vaughn