Re: hello plug

Author: Derek Neighbors
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: hello plug
On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 09:12, jerry davis wrote:
> I just got on the list. I have been a fairly long time linux user, and linux
> evangelist. I have also been a perl programmer for 4 years.

Speaking on long time Linux people. Is someone on this list the owner
of the Kia RIO with the license plate SEGFALT (or something similar)?

> I am from the South originally, (Alabama and Texas), but have lived in
> Milwaukee for almost 10 years.

Did you go to the LUG there? I have never been to Milwaukee, but a few
GNUe developers are in that area so I get to hear about their LUG quite
often. :)

> My bride and I are moving to Phoenix in a little over 2 years (after my
> youngest son graduates HS). We have relatives in the Phoenx area, and have
> already bought land for eventual retirement in Strawberry. We have been
> coming to AZ for over 10 years every year to see the relatives and do
> sight-seeing. We are SO looking forward to coming to AZ, and we have so many
> plans and interests in AZ (like getting a jeep and joining a 4WD club and
> getting a nice telescope and joining the east side astronomy club for
> instance). Well anyway, you might say as the time finally draws near we are
> getting very excited. In fact, I am bringing my youngest son to AZ this
> Summer on vacation.

Forget the 4WD club. Get a jeep and join a geocaching team[0] instead.
:)

> One of the first things of course on my mind is Linux User Group. I am very
> active in the one up here, and of course want to be involved when I get to
> AZ.

Welcome. We like new friends. What part of the valley will you be
coming to? Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria,
Gilbert, etc... (or just general East or West Valley) :)

[0] http://www.azgeocaching.com/

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise