Re: CVS opinions

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
CC: tvat3000
Subject: Re: CVS opinions
Am 23. Feb, 2004 schwätzte Derek Neighbors so:

> I strongly suggest you look at subversions[0]. It just released version
> 1.0 this week. Also it has a great book[1] from red-bean just like CVS
> had. We have moved to it for GNU Enterprise and are really liking it. I
> have moved internal company work to it as well.
>
> There is also arch[2], but I don't recommend it at this time. In the
> future, it maybe the best, but right now its still immature.

I was going to suggest looking at both of these as well.

> You can find a comparison[3] of source control management systems though
> it might be slightly stale.

Ah, here I have a better suggestion. Don should investigate the 3 of them
and write up a small comparison for the list ;-).

caio,

der.hans

> [0] http://subversion.tigris.org/
> [1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
> [2] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/
> [3] http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

#  If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
#  we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians.
#                                                -- Jeff Taylor, Reason