LIRC

Author: Eric Thelin
Subject: LIRC
It took me a long time to find a source for them myself. I found Neward
Electronics to be the best place in the US (most references say to buy
from conrad.de). I mentioned in my presentation that I would post the
information about my receiver to the list but I haven't yet so I am
going to include my complete parts list for a receiver. The only part
that is hard to get is the receiver IC which is first on the list but
you can get all the parts shipped and probably still be cheaper than
buying at radio shack or fry's electronics prices. A complete receiver
as I recall will cost about $5 in parts + shipping.

Vishay / Siliconix TSOP1738
Newark part 95B4865

4.7uf General Purpose Radial Capacitor
Newark part 92N4995

Fairchild Semiconductor MC78L05ACP (voltage regulator)
Newark part 38C7376

4.7 kOhm resistor
Newark part 94C2271

1N4148 Switching Diode
Newark part 95B4971

DB9 Female connector
Newark part 92N3442

The hood I bought is now discontinued but this one should work fine
DB9 Hood
Newark part 02C5759

You can get most information including the schematic about the the
receiver from lirc.org.