LIRC

Author: KevinO
Subject: LIRC
Ben Coffman wrote:
> Where can on get a infrared receiver IC? I am having a reasonably tough
> time tracking one down.

You are probably really looking for a module, not just a chip. A module will
contain the photo-sensor, the bias circuit, a narrow bandwidth amplifier (typ.
38Kc - 40 Kc), and a detector to turn the pulse streams into data. These
modules are usually shielded from RF and sometimes include an IR filter to
shield the photo-detector from ambient light.

Radio Shack used to sell such a module...

They still do : pn. 276-640

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=276-640

I didn't see a data sheet on the website though. Digikey or Mouser should have
something also.

- --
Abstainer, n.:
    A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
    pleasure.