Switching to Cox

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Switching to Cox
technomage said:
> better take a look at your logs. I see nothing after 5 november (save
> for the instances where your domain is down for maintenance). I had
> major problems when I first started using cox HSI (then it was under
> @home). after the bugs got worked out things mostly settled down....
> I've had a total of 9 outages lasting longer than 30 minutes in the
> last 2 years. I'd say thats damned good uptime.

It's all relative to your situation. I have not experienced more than one
30 minute outage in the few months that I have had cox, but I know that
the service goes down several times a day in small 3 to 10 minute
increments. For me that is less than optimal and I don't consider it
"damned good uptime".

It isn't bad mind you and I'm not complaining about it, but I don't think
it's fair to say it is rock solid uptime.

-Derek