Not your typical X question...

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: Not your typical X question...
--=-dt3PtKjxQjI1n7m+qVXo

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:31, Kevin wrote:
> Got it. This would be the ultimate connection for my application. I'll
> try to find a linux-friendly video card with DVI out. What does this
> mean if I buy an HD receiver later on? I only have a single DVI input
> on the TV. Will I have to buy a DVI switchbox or something?

Hadn't really thought about it before, but yeah, that sounds right.=20
Probably in the future there will be receivers with DVI inputs (and
perhaps RGB ones also).

> > As far as the conversion from RGB to YPrPb, it isn't a big deal - but i=

> > seems like everyone wants to charge like it is. I think that if you go
> > to Ultimate Electronics they'll sell you one for ~$100 or so. If you
> > get that you should be able to do full 1080i (or 1080p if your TV
> > supports it). You might have to write some mode lines for X - I don't
> > know if those are built in yet (they're not that hard to write).
>=20
> Something like this should work, right?
> http://www.audioauthority.com/aacconsumers/9a60detc.html

That's exactly what I was thinking about. Too bad they're so over
priced, I don't get that. I guess they don't sell very many of them.

I think it will be exciting to hear about what you get working.

        --Ted

--=-dt3PtKjxQjI1n7m+qVXo

--=-dt3PtKjxQjI1n7m+qVXo--