Happy Medium

Author: devin rankin
Subject: Happy Medium
On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 18:24, Jason Pfingstmann wrote:
> No, this post is not about a Joyous Psychic. ;)
>
> I am trying to reach a happy medium between Windows and Linux. I like to
> game and I do, like many others, require the use of Windows software
> frequently and with 100% compatibility - more than wine could provide. I
> love Linux's stability and ability to control the system, ease of use,
> etc, etc...

Here is what I do. I have my fast computer loaded with Windows 2000 and
I use it for games and a few other things I need. I have my older
slightly slower computer sitting next to it and a Keyboard, Video, Mouse
switch so I can use the same keyboard and stuff. I Use the Linux
computer for all my mail,Internet, scheduling and just about everything
else. I'm slowing moving more and more stuff to the Linux box. But for
the foreseeable future, I'll still have a Windows box. Linux can play
some of the top games with some work and some study of Wine. But I
think I will be needing the Windows box for a while yet for my forensic
software and one or two other things.

Devin