Happy Medium

Author: Joe Toon
Subject: Happy Medium
Jason Pfingstmann wrote:
> I am trying to reach a happy medium between Windows and Linux.

While I wish you well in your quest, I'm guessing that not much has
changed from early summer when I sought to do the same.

I had enough hardware pieces (extra hard drives, video cards, etc..) so
I ended up simply buying enough to build a second system and hooked it
up to a $30 KVM (iogear miniview).

For me, it ends up being a very nice setup. I do some web development,
so having quick access to Internet Explorer for testing against it's
non-standards compliant nuances is handy. In addition, I can play the
latest games on the Windows machine, use it to test some cross platform
python code, switch over to it when relatives call with computer
problems (getting close to convincing them to convert over so I can
simply SSH into their computers. :), etc.

Hope this helps,
Joe