Copying kernels WAS SuSE 9.0: The Good and the Bad

Author: Robert Wultsch
Subject: Copying kernels WAS SuSE 9.0: The Good and the Bad
Would it be possible to copy the kernel and all the moudules from my
suse install to a outside medium, and then install debian and copy over
the kernel? I *hate* the way that suse is setup for dealing with
packages. Debian and Windows are so simple (usally) for new software
that I have become jaded to having to fight with a os. There is no
reason that I should be in rpm hell just to get msn updated to the
latest version so I can use msn messanger.