printer quality

Author: betty
Subject: printer quality
why is my print quality so poor with my printer (hp photosmart 1115) on
my linux box and so good on my windoze box (doesn't matter if i made
the photo in gimp or photoshop and send it to the printer via windoze;
it is good quality; with the linux it is not - it prints out, but just
not high quality)
i have tried configuering (sp?) it as seemed appropriate; but obviously
it is not adequate.
has someone already gone down this road before?
any questions i should be asking or things to double check.?

btw the linux machine works great with the laser printer.
would really like to get away from the windoze altogether if possible here.
thanks in advance for any pointers.
(remember i am simple newbie gui user)
betty i.

--
Observare porta non oportet fila domestica
visit www.wolfila.homestead.com