PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4098 - 4 msgs

Author: Alexander Henry
Subject: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #4098 - 4 msgs
Lee Einer <> wrote:

>Message: 4
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:50:56 -0700
>From: Lee Einer <>
>Subject: Re: need a little COX inside info--rdesktop or vnc? <--humor too
>While it is possible that Cox will not care if you ask them to support
>Linux, it is certain that they will not care if you don't ask them.
>

>Lee Einer
>Dos Manos Jewelry
>http://www.dosmanosjewelry.com

I called last month on exactly that--wires in the back ground up to
hell. I told the tech support guy to just send the call guy to the
back, don't visit the house. Cable was up right after that visit. He
did try to do stuff like have me verify the problem on the PC or be at
home at 1pm to meet with the contractor (I work 22 miles away), but
after the third time he just shut up and kludged whatever database
fields he had to fill in to get what I wanted.

Their hard-line protocol is 1) try to fix the problem over the phone 2)
send an outsourced contractor to fix PC or wiring problems in or to the
house 3) get Cox repair to fix the backbone. The contractor guys do
seem to know a lot more about what's going on; the tech support guys
seems to be deliberately mushroomed. One contractor told me he was once
stuck diging the ditches for the OC-12's (?) when it's normally Cox's
job. So when the Cox techs slack off Cox gets double billed for work.

Austin, I gotta flame ya. You have the ability to project sheer
intimidation both vocally and visually, and you just plain refuse to do
so. Shake it if you got it man!

--Alexander