printer quality

Author: Nathan England
Subject: printer quality

Am Mittwoch 29 Oktober 2003 08:29 nachmittags/abends schrieb betty:

I had to setup a photosmart 1000 in linux. check out www.linuxprinting.org
and find your printer. I had _very_ good luck with that printer.
I never did get quite as good as windows, but that was only on glossy paper=
,=20
everything else was spot on.

I downloaded the hp driver from their website...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hpinkjet/

=46ollow their directions along with what they say on www.linuxprinting.org=
and=20
ask back if you have more questions.

nathan

> why is my print quality so poor with my printer (hp photosmart 1115) on
> my linux box and so good on my windoze box (doesn't matter if i made
> the photo in gimp or photoshop and send it to the printer via windoze;
> it is good quality; with the linux it is not - it prints out, but just
> not high quality)
> i have tried configuering (sp?) it as seemed appropriate; but obviously
> it is not adequate.
> has someone already gone down this road before?
> any questions i should be asking or things to double check.?
>
> btw the linux machine works great with the laser printer.
> would really like to get away from the windoze altogether if possible her=

e.
> thanks in advance for any pointers.
> (remember i am simple newbie gui user)
> betty i.

=2D --=20

Nathan England

nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
=2D --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Todays Fortune:

Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.