Cox Cable blocking port 80 and scans

Author: David A. Sinck
Subject: Cox Cable blocking port 80 and scans

\_ SMTP quoth roland ibbetson on 9/19/2003 13:04 as having spake thusly:
\_ Thanks for the information guys. There are always many ways to fix
\_ or skirt an issue like this. I don't really want to pay for the
\_ business line although they won't give me a static ip with the
\_ residential so I may have to. So, excluding the new business line
\_ what would be the best solution to this problem? And can I block
\_ their scans or mask what I'm doing to avoid trouble with the #$%&!
\_ pigs(cox cable)? Thanks for all your help!

There are ways to some extent, but if you're paying cox for
residential and you're not using it for residential, you're violating
TOS and they can do what they will to you.

FWIW, the IPs provided for residential are nearly static in my
experience.

David