Bandersnatch stolen

Author: der.hans
Subject: Bandersnatch stolen
Am 17. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte David Huerta so:

> DeLUG's paperwork has been filed, however, it will not officially be
> recognized until the next term starting Nov. 1st (until then, we have no

OK, glad to hear it's coming along.

> room to hold meetings in). I will be sure to inform the people I know

Send people to the meetings at GCC for the meantime. I will be there doing =
presentation on '10 years of debian' next Tues.

> that are/would be interested in DeLUG about the InstallFest, and perhaps
> we can do some pre-organizing for it. When is ASULUG's HackFest
> scheduled for? This is the first time I've heard of it.

I don't think they have a definite date at this point. They're also not
completely certain what they want to do.

I'm encouraging them to put together a couple of secure boxen, then invite
people to come in and try to compromise them.

For an ideal hackfest they could have knowledgable people watching the
secure boxen explaining what kinds of attacks they're seeing as well as
showing how to detect them and defend against them. We would also have
people who can talk about the tools and exploits they're using to try to
hack the boxen.

I think that would be an awesome experience for learning what it takes to
secure a box.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
#  you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
#  I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
#  two ideas. -- George Bernard Shaw