InstallFest decisions

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: InstallFest decisions
Rob Wultsch wrote:
| There are no significant issues if you know what you are doing. Either a
| stable or unstable package will work. If
| apt-get install whatever
| does not work, then
| apt-get install -t unstable whatever
| will.

Unless synaptic has the ability to do this, assume it can not be done.
(I have never tried) This is because we can't be giving obscure command
lines out to new users and expect them to feel warm and fuzzy.

| For that matter someone could easily make a pure unstable knoppix disk
| rather easily. Just do an
| apt-get disrt-upgrade
| perhaps this would be the best solution?

I am not sure "unstable" is the best thing for a newbie. They should be
able to run "stable" fairly well unless they have some new fangled
hardware that isn't supported.

- -Derek