InstallFest decisions

Author: der.hans
Subject: InstallFest decisions
Am 12. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Derek Neighbors so:

> Unless synaptic has the ability to do this, assume it can not be done.
> (I have never tried) This is because we can't be giving obscure command
> lines out to new users and expect them to feel warm and fuzzy.

I agree with this. As much as I love and use the -t option to apt-get
synaptic can't do that, so we need to avoid it for the newbie installs. It
also needs to be avoided since it's an advanced feature :).

*IF* we go with debian, then the default package tool needs to be synaptic
or kpackage, I think.

Note the "IF" :). A couple of us will probably talk as if debian is
obviously what we're gonna be using as the default because we know it's
great :), but that question is far from being settled at this point.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but
#  that is not the reason we are doing it." -- Richard Feynman