Was: Re: burning for PPC

Author: Craig White
Subject: Was: Re: burning for PPC
On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 15:51, Bryce C wrote:
> My beige mac, a ppc7200 which has been running for 172 days now so I
> don't remember exactly, booted to the OS7 and OS8 discs holing down 'c'.
> The ppc7200 is an all pci/scsi system from ~1995 IIRC.
> Admittedly, I'm not about to forsake all 172 days of uptime just to see
> if ´CONTROL-OPTION-SHIFT-BACKSPACE´ works but 'c' did.
> Also of possible note, the SCSI cdrom and the floppy drives are both
> Sony's, the HD was originally a Seagate.

-----
Actually, I may be wrong on that one, it's been so long now...

it may actually be CONTROL-COMMAND-OPTION-Backspace or
COMMAND-OPTION-SHIFT-Backspace...

aah...here 'tis - from Apple's web site

startup your computer, while pressing the letter 'c' (or
Command-Option-Shft-Delete if appropriate). When the Happy Macintosh
icon appears, release all keys and hold down the Shift key until the
screen appears with the 'extensions disabled' message.

Of course Apple's 'delete' key is really the backspace key - is that
clear?

Sorry, but I have soured on Apple.

Craig