burning for PPC

Author: der.hans
Subject: burning for PPC
Am 10. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Craig White so:

> Insert CD, turn power on, hold "c" key (boot from cd) until you see
> evidence that it indeed is booting from CD

Just tried that. Still just get a blank grey screen. Not even the 'show me
an OS' icon macs like.

I need to pull it off the KVM and see if that's the prob.

> This works for all Apple ROM compatible CD drives - might not work on
> non-Apple ROM CD drives (I think Apple's were made by Matsushita)
>
> On SCSI (non-apple), it required holding CONTROL-OPTION-SHIFT-BACKSPACE
> all at the same time and then it might not load SCSI hard drive but G3
> should be ATA drive.

Yup. No SCSI.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Schlie=DFlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem =
Wort.
#    -- Gunter Grass