AntiVirus

Author: Nathan England
Subject: AntiVirus

Am Dienstag 26 August 2003 12:08 vormittags schrieb Craig Brooksby:

I have been happy so far with H+BedV Antivirus.
THey have a workstation version as well as a server version for email clien=
ts=20
or file servers.

www.antivir.de or www.hbedv.com

nathan

> You are now re-entering the newbie zone:
>
> I jumped off XP and onto Linux just as the latest worms hit Win32
> systems. As a newbie, I'm thinking "viruses don't affect Linux
> systems." Right? :-) But then I see lots of people willing to take my
> money for Linux versions of their AV software.
>
> I know that the subject of computer security spawns careers and books
> and research -- if the only advice is something hardcore like "hire a
> security expert to monitor your system 24/7 and do periodic audits" then
> it's not going to happen. I'm just looking for practical advice as to
> what a single Linux workstation hooked to the internet (via cox) ought
> to do. (Yes I do have Apache running on 8080) (please don't hack me! --
> that's not a very effective defense)
>
> Recommendations as to antivirus software for my Linux box? Remember
> keyword "newbie." FYI on my XP box I subscribed to NOD32 antivirus by
> Eset Systems, Ltd (Australian, I think) and it was outstanding. Highly
> recommend it!
>
> Thanks, and now returning you to your regularly scheduled program.

=2D --=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
=2D --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to: