UNIX class at SCC

Author: der.hans
Subject: UNIX class at SCC
Am 24. Aug, 2003 schw=E4tzte Daniel so:

> How applicable is UNIX system administration to Linux? I'm thinking
> that bash programming is close to %100 applicable to Linux.

Based on what he's covered in the past Thurman's class material is pretty
portable. GNU grep is different than grep on Solaris, but the basic
functionality and purpose is the same. Thurman provides enough understandin=
that you can then use the man pages to use the commands in the real world.

We can teach what to use. Experience teaches how to use it :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans