How to determine which /dev/sd* for my digital camera

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: How to determine which /dev/sd* for my digital camera
--=-Sq6dyOcbCRYe6u2H3YDD

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 11:26, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:03:57AM -0700, Josef Lowder wrote:
> > What else should I try?=20
>=20
> I don't know about your camera model specifically, but you generally
> can't do that with a camera, only a card reader. Look into gphoto for
> interfacing directly with your digital camera.

Missed original message somehow. I had a Kodak DX-4900 and
gtkam(gphoto2) recognized it just great. It took a dump and was
replaced by warranty with a Nikon Coolpix 4300 which appears supported
by gtkam(gphoto2), but I can't seem to get it to work.

I decided to try to mount it like a scsi drive and bingo. I am golden.=20
MUCH better than dealing with gphoto2.

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera/ ; mv /mnt/camera/*.jpg /mnt/smb/myphotos/=20

and viola, pictures are uploaded and memory card is blanked in a matter
of seconds. SOOOO much better than a graphical interface!

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnuenterprise.org