One week on 2.6.0-test and counting...

Author: Nick Estes
Subject: One week on 2.6.0-test and counting...
> After a bunch of work iwas able to get it too compile, but when it boots
> nothing appears on screen, though I can hear it continue to boot... Any
> suggestion?

In this kernel, _everything_ is optional, there are no assumptions about
what hardware you might have. Go into the configuration and make sure you
turn on support for serial keyboards (assuming you're using a ps/2
keyboard), vga text consoles, virtual terminal, console on virtual
terminal, and maybe even the pc speaker if you want your box to be able to
beep at you. (-=

On my laptop, I've actually used all this new modularity to my advantage
to completely hide kernel and init script messages while providing my own
boot display via the framebuffer device. Of course, if anything goes
horribly wrong during bootup, I'll have to use a serial console to see
what it's doing! (-=

    --Nick