strange scsi cdrecord problem

Author: Bill Warner
Subject: strange scsi cdrecord problem
I have my home desktop with a cdburner in it. I decided to install a
scsi card and transfer the os to it. I mounted and copied the entire os
over to the new scsi drive. Configured lilo and ran it. Removed the
ide drive and was running on my new scsi drive. Everything was setup
and working right until I tried to run cdrecord.

I have the correct hdc=ide-scsi setup because it is the same as my ide
hard drive setup. I tried putting hte ide drive back in and removeing
the scsi card and it works fine.

I have done some google searching and haven't been able to find anything
out about scsi cards that give problems to ide-scsi drivers so I am
completely at a loss. I am not new to setting up ide-scsi drives even
on scsi systems. I have done it atleast 10 or 15 times before and this
is the first time I have had a hangup like this.

Anyone see anything like this before?

any help you could give would be, well, helpful
--
Bill Warner <>
Direct Alliance