networking question

+ (text/html)
Author: Jim
To: plug-discuss
Subject: networking question
Back in June comcast raised my connection speed to 150Mbps.  Two weeks
ago it went back down to 100.  I called to complain and was told I was
supposed to be  getting 100Mbps.  I finally got someone to admit that my
connection speed should be 150, but I'm still getting 100.

I didn't make any changes to the network, but something could have
gotten changed.  Is there anything i can look in network settings to
determine if something could be tweaked for a faster connection?

I have an Arris SB6141 modem and an ASUS RT-ACRH13 gigabit router. The
modem (SB6141) supports speeds up to 343Mbps down.  KDE's network
manager shows the MTU setting is set to Automatic and the box is checked
to allow auto negotiation.

I did install Kubuntu 18 after the increase to 150Mbps.  The speed did
not drop until a month or so after Kubuntu 18 was installed.

Since the installation, the ethernet connection is no longer called
eth0.  Now it's called enp4s1.  Is that some new way of naming network
devices?  I don't really care what it calls the parts as long as they
work.  I can still use netwatch, but I have to give it the enp4s1 string
as it expects eth0 unless  told differently.