Re: Good Cheap PC to play MP3s and MP4 video? (Was: OT Mac M…

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Good Cheap PC to play MP3s and MP4 video? (Was: OT Mac Mini obsolescent?)
If this is going to run for a business, I'd suggest buying a moderate dell
server or decent workstation ala precision or poweredge. You can get
40-50% off deals from Dell Financial Services regularly for some 2-3yr old
hardware, and still get some warranty. I always buy Dell Outlet refurbs,
get full warranty, and wait for good coupons on whatever I'm looking for at
the time.

If it dies, you probably want to know you can get a part replaced
reasonably fast. Fry's never fails to let me down when I need some
critical in a pinch not having it, and there's really no where else left
local.

-mb