Re: Good Cheap PC to play MP3s and MP4 video? (Was: OT Mac M…

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Good Cheap PC to play MP3s and MP4 video? (Was: OT Mac Mini obsolescent?)
I am satisfied in so far as I can go with this current unit. however, for my purposes, it is starting to show it's age.

for most multimedia purposes, it works ok. for email, its great. however, for web browsing in OS X, it sucks (too old for the newer versions of the apps). this is not the case in Linux, but I have limited apps available I can use there (firefox, sea monkey, thunderbird, and perhaps a few others). unfortunately, mozilla has changed the engine behind firefox, so its new quantum product is virtually inaccessible with any screen reader technology regardless of platform. grrrr.

-eric
from the central offices of the Technomage Guild, lamentations Dept.